Thursday, November 27, 2008

If Sarah Palin Heard About this...

...She'd want to hold a press conference in the kitchen. (Too inside?)

Blessed bird safely home, I pulled giblet and bath duty on our little darling. Suzie set to preparing homemade cranberry sauce, as well as roasting parsnips, carrots and sweet potatoes. I prepared stuffing and got the main dish ready for her roasting-pan debut.

We put the kabosh on pumpkin pie (much to my chagrin), but the fact of the matter is that the only place I could find pumpkin was at Selfridges in the West End, and a tiny tin of Libby's suitable for barely one tartlet was poshly priced at £3...too spendy for even a devoted fan of the pie such as me. (Suzie on the other hand was fine knowing that pumpkin would not be on the menu.) Anyway, the photo below was midway through Hurricane Mittens' turkey preparation, and the dirty dishes were beginning to pile up!

No comments: