Thursday, January 3, 2008

Greta and Greg, Plus One


After spending a wonderful afternoon with Mick and Prue, I met up with Greta at my hotel, and she drove me out to her home, where her fiancee Greg was fast at work preparing a tasty Thai stirfry. Greta, as I'm sure she is so very weary of hearing, looks exactly the same as when I last saw her...minus the pigtails and with the addition of a soon-to-be-born baby. See if you don't agree with me, those of you who knew her way-back-when:
She and Greg have a cool and comfy house on a street corner in Seddon--and we spent the evening catching up over beers (for the boys, mineral water for Greta) and dinner. Greg is quite a cook, and the stirfry really hit the spot.

They are planning to go to Hawaii so I gave them a few leads based on my trip to Oahu and Maui. Greg's a bit of a vulcanologist, but I couldn't help him there other than to suggest they see the lava fields on Maui.
Thanks again, Greta and Greg, for letting me stay with you, and I really appreciated the lift to the train station in the morning!

No comments: