Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Is Kangaroo Kosher?

Alas, I'm pretty sure it is not, but boy, is it delicious. I had char-grilled kangaroo served over rocket and beetroot salad, and it was fantastic. It cooled down in Melbourne last night. Remember how it was 102 degrees? Well, within a few hours, the winds shifted, and the temperature dropped about 20 degrees in a matter of an hour or so. Pretty wild. So I took a walk on the promenade on the south bank of the Yarra River, and I found a place with outdoor seating and enjoyed a great meal al fresco. Sauteed softshell crabs with chili sauce and charcoal seared marinated kangaroo over greens. Delicious.

Today I'm meeting up with more old friends from Sweden--I'm having lunch with Mick and Prue and then meeting Greta and Greg later tonight. Should be a great day!

No comments: