Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Bacon!

Okay, so I know I mentioned this before, but it appears that Kiwi's are crazy about bacon. It is in everything. I had a caesar salad and lamb for dinner, and guess what? Yes! Bacon! Bacon on the salad. Bacon wrapped around the lamb. Bacon in the potatoes. (That's the third time I've encountered bacon studded/encrusted/enmeshed tubers.) I would've ordered dessert, but I just didn't really feel like having to deal with more bacon. For those of you keeping score on my dietary habits, I picked at the non-bacony parts of the salad, ditched the potatoes and peeled the bacon off the lamb. Look, it was 10:30pm on Boxing Day, the hotel restaurant was the only place in miles still open, and they stayed open for me. I wasn't sending the lamb back because it had bacon essence still on it after I removed the rashers. By the way, the lamb was awesome, but I'm sure the bacon had nothing to do with that.

No comments: