Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Driving to Picton

Well, as you know, my whale watching excursion was a bust. But on the way up to Picton I did see a lot of seals. Unfortunately, I shot all the seal pictures at 1600 ISO, so they are a little grainy and washed out.

I've only seen a very limited amount of this country, but the topography and scenery are simply astounding. It was hard enough driving on the wrong side of the road; doubly so because around every bend was more jaw-dropping scenery. Everyone talks about how NZ really does look like it did in The Lord of the Rings movies (the movie trilogy was filmed in NZ). I disagree. It is better. Film, especially my digital camera, just cannot convey how amazing this place is. But I'll try. Yes, that's my trusty rental car (note which door is open...the driver's).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing is better than Lord of the Rings... nothing. Not even the real thing :)
NZ is really beautiful - it is definitely a place I would love to visit some day.